Located between two mountain ranges – Waianae and Ko’olau mountains – and south of the island’s famed North Shore, Central Oahu offers a cooler and more rainfall compared to metro Honolulu. Mililani and Mililani Mauka are popular large master-planned communities with one of the top public school systems on Oahu. Central Oahu is also home to many historical landmarks, 2 U.S. Army bases, and Aloha Stadium, which hosts University of Hawaii football games and past NFL Pro Bowl games.
- Mililani Town Association – www.mililanitown.org
- Pearl Harbor Memorial – www.pearlharboroahu.com
- Waikele Premium Outlets – www.premiumoutlets.com/waikele
- Dole Plantation – www.dole-plantation.com
- Hawaii Plantation Village Museum – www.hawaiiplantationvillage.org
The south west area of the island is continuing to develop and grow with an increasing number of master-planned communities in areas such as Ewa, Makakilo and Kapolei – often called “Oahu’s Second City”. There are many shopping & dining options, as well as several golf courses and a water park. Ko Olina offers private resort-style living and features a championship golf course and several luxury resorts, like the newer Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa.
- Residential & Economic Development in Kapolei – kapolei.com
- JW Marriott Ihilani Resort – www.ihilani.com
- Aulani, Disney Resort & Spa – resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort
- Hawaii Prince Golf Club – www.princeresortshawaii.com/hawaii-prince-hotel-waikiki/waikiki-oahu-golf.php
- Ewa Beach Golf Club – www.ewabeachgc.com